GO YOUR OWN WAY.

“Anjali….Anjali…. Anjali. Where are you? "

“Yes Dad. What   happened?” I ask.

The anger in my Dad’s voice has given me hell lot of warning that its going to be a bad day for me.

“Do you have the slightest idea what your parents have to go through because of your behavior?”

I just see them with a blank face.As far as I know I haven’t done anything.I still try to remember if I have broken someone’s head or atleast leg that my behaviour is being so much questioned.But as far as I know I haven’t done any of these.

Putting my fright in the back seat I ask, “I don’t know what you are talking about?”

“You don’t know? Ridiculous. Then check this out” he says throwing my report card on the table.

“You don’t have even one subject where you are scoring about 90.How much embarrassed should we feel when someone asks about your marks.Your Dad is in such a high position.We are spending so much money on your education.Do you have the slightest idea about it?” interferes my Mom.

“Mom I have got decent marks.I have not failed.It may not be outstanding but yes they are decent enough to tell  about” I argue.

“So now you will teach us what is good and what is not? I tell you Megha, this girl is good for nothing.Its completely useless talking to this girl”.He says and storms out of the room fuming in anger.

My mom comes and catches my arm and makes me sit on the sofa.I already know that there is going to one more session and I am mentally prepared.Moreover I know what it is going to be.Its about how Ria,Sonam and Seema have performed better than me.They are all daughters of  my dad’s colleagues and I am therefore responsible for their marks as well.

The session goes on for the next 20 mins.By then I know how they have fared and I also know that till the next exams my life is going to be hell.
                                        -------------------------x------------------------------

“Mom I want to join dance class. Please”I say making my face as convincing as possible.

“Anjali, your performance is already poor and you are talking about joining a dance class” , mom says while she is busy folding the clothes.

“You know how much I love dancing.Please let me go.And I have heard its good to relax for a bit.Haven’t you heard All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” I argue and I know this time I have striked the chord..And I have heard its good to relax for a bit.Haven’t you heard All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” I argue and I know this time I have striked the chord.

Suddenly there is  a sound of the gates of the house being opened and I know my Dad has already come.I just hope I have made the right impact on my Mom about the dance class.I go to my room and get ready with the pamphlet I got from school.

My dad is already having his evening cup of tea when my mom reveals about my dance class idea.For a change my dad is not angry.

“Ok,let her join. Mr.Singh told me that Ria also goes to dance class.She has been learning since last 3 years.I just thought that Anjali wouldn’t be interested so I never spoke about it”.

“But Dad,I don’t want to join that class.I want to join this class”, I tell putting forward  the pamphlet in my hand.

My dad goes through that and bangs that paper on the table.

“Ohhh so this is where you want to go.I told yes to learn classical dance and not this nonsense”.

“Dad its not nonsense, contemporary ,hip-hop and salsa are also equally renowned dance forms ”,I argue.

“Shut up.I seriously don’t understand what’s wrong with you.You always are interested in the wrong thing.Didn’t I just tell you Megha she is good for nothing.If you want learn classical dance or else no dance. I am not going to send you to that class and make myself a laughing stock”, dad says and I know that it’s the end of the argument.
                                  ----------------------------------x----------------------------------

“Come on don’t be nervous. I know you are the best and you are going to win this award” ,Aditi tells keeping her hands on mine.Aditi has been always there for me as a source of inspiration always and she was the one who always stood by me to make sure i always achieved what i want to.

I am so nervous that I have already started sweating.But I know I cant show this as there is atleast 50 cameras out here and if atleast one camera catches this expression then its going to be the headlines.Its not easy being a celebrity.

And then the nominations for the Best Actress  is all set to announce.Though there is lot of humour being happening but what I am able to give is just a fake smile as I am dead nervous.I have closed my eyes now as I am not able to handle this anymore.

“And the best actress award gooooeeesss too ANJALI KHANNA ”.

I open my eyes and finally I have tears in my eyes.I get up from my seat.I have the people from my recent film hugging me.I am so happy that I feel dancing.I  go and receive the award from one of my favourite actress.

“Thank you everyone for this award.My co-stars,my director,my producer and the entire team of Bindaas.Last year I had won the award for my debut film and I had people telling me its just luck that I landed to that role.But today I say its not luck but my hard work.I also like to thank people who stood by me always and I would also like to thank people who didn’t believe in me and told I was good-for-nothing. Maybe I didn’t top any of the exams in schools and colleges but I succeeded in the exam called life.Today more than anything I am proud of myself.One message I would like to give is that you don’t have to be good at what others are,you don’t have to like something what others like.Go your own way and follow what feels right to you and success will definitely be yours.Thanks once again” I say and I kiss the black lady in my hand.
                                 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: The Calculative Love !!

EDUCATION TODAY

BOARD EXAMS...COMING SOON TO SCHOOLS NEAR YOU.